This is the privacy notice of Wipertech. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Wipertech Pty Ltd.
We are ACN 62 158 413 364 registered in Australia.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Australian law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
- to provide you with the services which you request
- for verifying your identity for security purposes
- for marketing our services and products
- Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
- Market place information
- Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up
- to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
- Information you post on our website
- Website usage information
- Financial information relating only to your credit cardsThis information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of eWay, PayPal or other reputable payment service providers. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
- Credit reference
- Business and personal information
We keep information which forms part of our business record for minimum of seven years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
- Third party advertising
You can manually disable cookies at any time - check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for 30 days, when it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
- Sending a message to our support system
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Third party content
- Content you provide to us
- Marketing information
- Information we obtain from third parties
- Disclosure to Government and their agencies
- At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
- Sale of your personal information
- Compliance with the law
- Removal of your information
If you have any question regarding the confidentiality policy, please contact us.